Monday, May 17, 2010

To romp or not to romp?

That is the question. I'm hesitant, to say the least. Corinne found a low cost option to test the trend.
But seriously, what is a romper?

I looked it up.

A romper suit is a one-piece garment worn by children and sometimes women. Somewhat similar to a coverall, it is loose fitting and usually has shorter legs that may be gathered at the end. Puffed pants are particularly associated with rompers. Rompers usually are meant as a combination of shorts and a shirt, though the term can include jumpers, one-piece bathing suits, and clubwear fashions to name a few.

To me it looks like an easy Saturday "throw on", but will my long torso make this uncomfortable? I can picture this with a long navy cardigan and gold gladiator sandals...or with a short sleeve tee underneath and Converse shoes. It's hard to try a trend when your wallet is at stake, but for $20, I'll attempt any fashion risk.
Rompers on celebs:
Rompers on the Runway:

If Karl Lagerfeld likes them, should I? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think...

3 comments:

  1. romping is not an option when you are pregnant.. haha. atleast for me! i think you could totally pull this off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea to pair it with a navy cardigan and gladiator sandals. BTW, this is the second blog I've seen today featuring this Mossimo romper. The other is my friend from work Jenn, who part-times at J.Crew in the Domain. :-)

    http://daisiesnchains.blogspot.com/2010/05/style-diary-retro-inspired-romper.html

    Also, I'm pretty sure rompers are not made for post-twin bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rompers are ADORABLE! for kids or women (with the right figure) I wore plenty in my days with a good figure. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails