Monday, May 18, 2009

The Airport.

I will be travelling for a few weeks for work, so I travelled via plane today. The airport has rules to follow, and I'm always shocked when I encounter someone who has not heard of said rules before their date of travel. It's been a few years now that you are required to remove your shoes before going through security. Some brainiac hid some device in his shoes at one point and now we're all paying for it.

Today I chose to wear Day 11's Foxy Flat because removal is easy and rushing through the airport is effortless. It got me thinking about the shoes you should not wear to the airport. Those with laces, difficult zippers, or strings. Those with heels greater than 3 inches. I'll just show you what I mean:


Of course you don't want to be wearing these just because they're comfortable, or really ever:

well at least until you're 90. Regardless, I try to remain inconspicuous at the airport; ticket and ID ready in hand, shoes off and laptop out, step through without beeping, putting shoes back on, scurrying to gate. Minimal drama, maximum satisfaction. With that said, I think I might prefer driving over flying next time...
"You can go by bus, you can go by train,You can go by camel in a bureau drawer. Just go, go, go, I don't care how! Marvin K. Mooney, will you please go NOW!!"-Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails