Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A tribute and a thank you.

I'd like to be featured on the Sartorialist. No I take that back, I'd like to be the Sartorialist. Capturing fashion in every day life, on the street, in a cafe, at a bar, at the grocery store. I'd probably back track in technology and take Polaroid shots. I'd probably recruit a few friends to help cover the masses, fellow fashion addicts. What I love about Mr. Schuman's posts is he has such an eye for different types of fashion. Sometimes I stop and stare at people walking in the mall and just take it in. My mom and I do this wherever we go. Stop-politely stare-discuss. What did we like about the look? What did we not? What would we change? How could we recreate it ourselves using the textiles and embellishments we already have? Does the look represent a new trend or a twist on a classic?

This post I've chosen as my current desktop background. I usually use one of his photos until I'm inspired by another to change it, which could happen twice in one week.

(c) the Sartorialist.


If Mr. Schuman himself ever read this post, I'd like to say thank you for feeding my hunger for daily global fashion. He presents it in its most raw form-in daily life! No spot lights, no airbrushing (right?), just ordinary people going about their day. Wait, I'd like to look that good in my daily life...

1 comment:

  1. You should be featured on the Sartorialist. You have the closet/shoes to prove it.

    I often want to comment on ppl's outfits on the street but it always seems to be on the day that I'm wearing something horrible, and then I figure it won't be such a compliment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails