Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Figs.



I didn't know I like figs, but I do! My family chomped down on some luscious appetizers of Texas figs and mozzarella cheese, lightly salted. Mmmmm it was delicious! This morning I had some on the side of my zucchini and goat cheese omelet and was curious as to the health benefits of these little babies. Cue research:

-One of the earliest fruits discovered, believed to be the favorite fruit of Cleopatra
-Rich in potassium, which helps maintain the blood pressure of the body
-Rich in dietary fiber, effective for weight management
-Eating fig leaves helps diabetics reduce insulin intake
-Reduces the risk of breast cancer (hellooooo huge!)
-Calcium and potassium reduces bone thinning and increases bone density
-etc.

Ok...so I'm sold. I thought they were just deliciously, lusciously, sweet chewy goodness...but no! They have benefits!

Aaaand... they're pretty!
Seen in a gorgeous spread below.. the rich tones are breathtaking!
love this color pallet for make up!
The early purpose of fig leaves...to be modest lol..
And some luscious colors!
Whew, I learned so much...but totally worth it!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails