Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Day

Independence Day commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring our nations independence from the kingdom of Great Britain. We took a look at the Declaration of Independence in the newspaper that day, and were reminded of a time in our childhoods where we were required to memorize it.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, and among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

What strikes me most about this sentence is that our Country fought to have the right to pursue happiness. Isn't that amazing? In honor of that topic, I celebrated with my college roommate, Clare, and her family for the weekend in Minnesota. You wouldn't expect it, but the weather was perfect and I came back with a tan (and a neck ache from tubing!)
some relaxing on the dock...
this is sweet Clare:
Some skiing...this is Pete. I don't think I stayed up long enough for a photo op ;)
Some fishing...(Pete's fish)
some reading in the evening... And some wine and talking after sundown...

It was a great vacation and I'm hit hard with a busy (short) week at work! Happy Wednesday :)

4 comments:

  1. Awww, fun weekend! We did tubing and boating too, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's Clare! Looks like so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun looking. hope you had a fab weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. o wow I love clare's hair!! and the photos obvioso

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails