Friday, September 18, 2009

Hello, history.

Let's take a look back in time. The twenties is one of my favorite eras, tied for first with the forties. I would much rather dress similar to these styles than the 80s. They represent a more modest and feminine era, full of class silhouettes and flirty embellishments.


Look at this style! Mink, patterns, hats, parasols, bows, gloves, lace...can't you just hear these ladies? "Oh, just me in my fabulous ski outfit, about to hit the slopes", "You can't tell, but under this fabulous coat is only my slip!" "Ho-hum, I'm just waiting for it to be an acceptable time for a cocktail".

The current looks seem to be based on the twenties and forties, and I'm ok with that. Take a look at some of the looks JCrew has created for fall.

Don't even get me started, I love it all. Love all the skinny pants, stockings with shoes, high waist, ruffle blouses and cardigans cardigans cardigans!!!! Colors for fall are unexpectedly bright which may keep our moods bright :)
I'm sure I'll post more on this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails