Thursday, October 21, 2010

Musical Snack

Last night, LE and I went to see Sufjan (pronounced Soof-yan) Stevens. Now, I was a little unprepared for this concert, in that I hadn't made it through his new album, The Age of Adz. If you've listened to the other albums he's made, especially the ever popular song Chicago, you'd expect to find a guy, a banjo, a recorder, a piano, some trombones, and some string instruments.

That is not how this went down.

There were two go-go girls as backup dancers/singers and a plethora of electronic equipment displayed. Granted, I really did enjoy some of the new songs (the album came out 9 days ago, so sue me! I hadn't gotten through it!!!), but I was longing for those folksy banjo tunes such as Chicago and Casimir Pulaski Day or even The Henney Buggy Band. But midway through the show, he even confessed that if that is what the crowd was expecting, he was sorry...but that wasn't how the show was going to go.

When he announced a song around 10 pm that was going to be a "25 minute long journey..." LE and I split after 10 of those minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy the show..it was just a bit surprising.

I will admit to forming a slight crush on him...for his sexy (speaking and singing) voice and cute butt..however I'm pretty sure he's gay.

Regardless, I'll probably listen to most of his tunes throughout the work day today :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I actually thought about going to see him in Atlanta, thanks for info! XX!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails