Monday, December 14, 2009

Tsonga

During my time in South Africa, my cousin took me to a Tsonga shop near the Wine lands. Tsonga is a hand made leather (shoes & accessories) brand that began in South Africa, everything crafted by the Zulu women by hand. Tsonga created the program Thread of Hope to "empower and uplift a community of women in KwaZulu-Natal midlands in South Africa".

The Thread of Hope site tells their mission strait forwardly: to turn their abilities into real futures for their children. The women of Tsonga have their story (and dreams) told on the TOH site. I was touched by their story and wanted to support them.
I bought a pair of shoes and some small Elle wallets for gifts.

wearing my shoes while having "sundowners"
Elle wallets

**Some of their products are available online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails