Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How Tuesday: How to Make Your Outfit Flow

I had a comment from Dipti on a past post about struggling to make an outfit "flow" without matching your purse, belt, and shoes. I thought I'd post on this before getting back to color. My grandmother and even my mother were ones to talk about matching your shoes, bag, and belt. Gone are those days! There are so many new options out there to make your outfit flow without the dreaded "matchy-matchy" look.

1. Ditch the matching belt. Go for one of three things:

-grosgrain ribbon belt (doesn't have to be skulls but I think this Rugby one is so cute!)
-studded belt
-metallic belt2. Keep the belt and ditch the matching shoes. Go for one of three things:
-metallic sandals

-croco shoes of any kind
-fabric floral/patterned shoes
3. Keep the shoes OR belt and ditch the matching purse. Go for one of three things:

-floral printed bag

-canvas bag
-straw tote


What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. loves it ..the shoes are delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun post! I always (ok gennnnnerally) like having neutral bags so I can pop with belts and shoes.
    Love being a girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails